The topics for the essay are as follows:
Topic # 5 (2017): The Politics of Slavery
All Essay assignments must:
- Be 750-1000 words long
- Be Double spaced, 1” margins, 12 point font, Times New Roman, with page numbers
- Have a title page, with word count noted
- Be proofread and spell-checked. For those writing on French keyboards, please change the language to English so that the spell-check will be accurate.
- Use quotations from all of the required texts; each paragraph (apart from the introduction and conclusion) must have 2-3 quotations and should bring together various sources. You are being asked to bring your sources into conversation (Click on the link for a short chapter with advice about how to make different opinions speak to each other).
- Be written in the past tense
- Be submitted to Turnitin November 24, 2016
- The marking grid I will use to mark you will look something like this:
- Do not make the mistake of devoting each body paragraph to a single primary source because that will result in a series of book report-like summaries rather than analysis.
- Ensure you use the required sources, and no additional outside sources.
Consult my Writing Tips for general advice on how to write and structure your paper.