In order to access these links, you must be signed into your Dawson Account (via Omnivox) somewhere on your computer.
The note taking assignment is due Wednesday, April 26. Bring a printed copy to class. The deadline for submitting those notes is April 26, midnight. You are welcome to submit prior to class, or after.
Essay Assignment – Due Monday, May 1 at 4pm
(This is a class-wide extension; there won’t be any further extensions)
Here are links for the essay assignment:
Here are the Required Primary Source Readings (one per topic, and the basis of your note-taking assignment).
- Equiano’s Travels – Slavery Topic
- Letter to Queen Victoria – Opium Wars/Imperialism
- The Communist Manifesto – Socialism/Marxism
I will update the remaining primary sources below:
- Haitian Declaration of Independence
- Society of the Friends of Blacks
- Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen
- From the Factory Owner’s Perspective
- Robert Owen
- Rules for the Factory in Berlin
- Report on Working Conditions
- John Stuart Mill On Colonies
- Adam Smith On Colonies
I’m unfortunately only able to add these files on Monday, since they’re not accessible to me at home